qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Printing bogus values in ne2000_asic_ioport_read()/ ne2

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Printing bogus values in ne2000_asic_ioport_read()/ ne2000_receive()
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 11:06:44 +0100 (CET)

Regarding the bogus numbers occasionally printed, you can see that the
leading
ffs are printed when the character has its bit7 set to 1. This occurs
because in
      printf("%02x ", s[i]);
the expected argument for %02x is an integer, and since the actual
argument is
a (signed) character, the compiler promotes it to an integer extending
the sign bit.
You can simply write instead
      printf("%02x ", (unsigned char)s[i]);
and the problem should disappear, since in this case the promotion to
an integer
adds non-significative 0s that are ignored when printig

Carlo