qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing ARMv6 instructions?

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Missing ARMv6 instructions?
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 16:42:42 +0000

Hi Jamie,

> I like the idea, but do you know of anyone using OpenCores devices
> implemented in silicon?  It seems to me the motivation for ARM
> emulation is to be able to simulate embedded devices that people may
> feasibly end up using.

I'm no expert, but it appears that OpenCores have a working core that
runs most of the MIPS instruction set. MIPS is a very well known, tried
and trusted architecture. My cable modem has a MIPS-compatible processor
made by Toshiba. It seems to me that MIPS is just as realistic and
usable platform as ARM. But I would be very interested to hear from
anyone who knows better.

Now, I wonder when Qemu will support MIPS emulation? :-)

Cheers, Chris.
--