qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Patch for minor qemu heap corruption bug when the console i

From: Kenneth Duda
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Patch for minor qemu heap corruption bug when the console is zero width
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:08:03 -0700

Hi everyone, here is another patch for a much less significant bug. If
your "vc" console width is 0, qemu corrupts the heap (because it
writes one character into a screen buffer that's been malloc'ed as
size 0).  I don't know if this bug ever causes problems in practice
--- I picked it up using mcheck() when debugging heap corruption due
to various slirp bugs.  Anyway, this trivial patch fixes the trivial
bug.  Feedback on what I can do to get patches like this applied most
appreciated!

Thanks,

   -Ken