qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC terminal server?

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC terminal server?
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 20:53:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Mark Williamson wrote:

> The Xen copy of pckbd.c includes a patch to emulate a Summagraphics
> tablet, in order to fix this problem.  This is probably reusable for
> QEmu itself.

I even know who wrote it... Donald Dugger. He forwarded it to me also, and
I even think it is part of the RFB patch (too lazy to check right now).

There are two problems:

- configuration is a bitch. For example, X and gpm do not play nice
together. And there is no automatic detection for Summagraphics in kudzu
(which is the automatic hardware detection of Knoppix).

- the patch modifies the PS/2 mouse of QEmu. However, there is no such
thing as a PS/2 Summagraphics. Consequently, all win98 drivers I found did
not detect a Summagraphics device.

Ciao,
Dscho