qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC terminal server?

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC terminal server?
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 21:57:29 -0500

andrzej zaborowski wrote:
Hi,

IMHO the biggest obstacle to inclusion in mainline QEmu is that the mouse
support is rather flakey: You have to disable mouse acceleration of the
guest OS.

I had that cunning plan to write a virtual Wacom tablet, but I just don't
find the time.

I thought Anthony Liguori had already written a Wacom tablet emulator
for QEMU and that worked fine except it supports only one button. I
don't remember if this support was complete and I don't have a link to
the patch.

No, it supports all three. Works quite well for new X drivers. If you search the wacom-devel archives you'll find a link to the docs for the Wacom driver.

It does kind of suck though that you have to manually configure your X server. I looked at a number of tablets and they all seem to be serial or undocumented.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

With this you don't need to disable mouse acceleration in the guest OS
because it makes no sense to accelerate a tablet.

On the other hand writing a guest-side driver for QEMU would leave
room for further improvements like hiding/showing or
grabbing/releasing the mouse at specific moments. Or, possibly reusing
tools from Win4Lin or VMtools from VMware.
Ciao,
Dscho

balrog 2oo6

Dear Outlook users: Please remove me from your address books
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/08/21/143258