qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Gentlemen we have absolute movement! was:Absolute USB-H

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Gentlemen we have absolute movement! was:Absolute USB-HID device musings (was Re: VNC Terminal Server)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:01:41 +0400

Anthony Liguori wrote:

+    kbd_mouse_abs_event(dx * 0x7FFF / width,
+                       dy * 0x7FFF / height,

I had just made that same mod to my tree.. solved the tracking problem
perfectly.

Now if only it would work under win98 without modification..

Look what I just stumbled across.. irrelevant now I guess..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/Hid_d/hh/HID_d/km-ovr_8d838937-f6b9-4245-8bb0-758bf162af7e.xml.asp

I wonder.. does windows switch over from ps2 to hid or just react to both and given hid is more positive about where it wants the mouse to go it wins ? I'm sure I've used a ps2 mouse and a usb mouse on windows before.. I'm thought they both worked at the same time.

Like what you have with the rest of the patch.. I'll clean up my tree and go
with that I think..

That should work quite well for sdl, gtk and vnc displays.. I guess cocoa also..
Now all we need is X support. I guess as a temporary measure the wacom patch
works with linux..

Do you find having usb enabled makes the windows session feel a bit less
responsive or jerkier ?
I know the mouse tracking is not as smooth with usb.. perhaps having ps2 and usb on together will smooth that out a little.