qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] USB Tablet Emulation

From: Leonardo E. Reiter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] USB Tablet Emulation
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:39:26 -0400

Sorry about that...  Brad, very well done!

On another note, I'm looking over the USB HID spec to better understand the boot-time device constraints. I doubt you can use an absolute coordinate tablet as a boot-time mouse that actually reports positions in absolute terms, but maybe it's possible. It's not a big deal, just cosmetic really - to be able to use the tablet at OS install/early boot time, before more complex drivers are loaded. I'm not sure how possible this is, but the USB HID spec seems to imply it.

- Leo Reiter

Anthony Liguori wrote:
Make sure to give credit where credit's due. Brad Campbell figured out the hard stuff :-)

--
Leonardo E. Reiter
Vice President of Product Development, CTO

Win4Lin, Inc.
Virtual Computing from Desktop to Data Center
Main: +1 512 339 7979
Fax: +1 512 532 6501
http://www.win4lin.com