qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Unified device model

From: deVries, Alex
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unified device model
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:06:17 -0700

I strongly support the idea of being able to use shared objects to be
able to have a more dynamic device model; I can work on moving some of
the drivers over to whatever new model that you figure out.

It'd be nice too to have a dynamic board definition.  For instance,
being able to describe in a configuration file a board with some odd
configuration (eg. 10 serial port, no IDE controller) without
recompiling would be helpful.  I'm not sure what kind of file format's
appropriate.

The number of supported devices on QEMU is going to explode... Having a
good scalable architecture is going to be very useful.

- Alex