qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated BGR vs. RGB vga patch...

From: Thiemo Seufer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated BGR vs. RGB vga patch...
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:12:45 +0100

Leonardo E. Reiter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> attached is an updated version (against today's CVS) of a patch to
> enable B/G/R color encoding rather than R/G/B with the command-line
> option -bgr.  I found the original here (post by Martin Bochnig):
>
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2005-09/msg00059.html
>
> It's main intention is to deal with some 24-bit Sun/SPARC X servers,
> including SunRays.  But you can also mimic this behavior with a VNC
> server if you want.
>
> Anyway, it may not be too interesting to most, but it is to me at the
> moment, so I figured I'd share.  To use it, you can pass in the -bgr
> command line option to qemu.  You can get some psychadelic colors if
> you're really bored and want to try it on an R/G/B 24-bit X server, like
> XFree86 or X.org :)

FWIW, the SGI O2 has the same problem, I heard the Xorg server got
fixed recently to take this into account. I don't know if the fix is
O2 specific.

Btw, wouldn't it be the right thing to add a Sun framebuffer emulation
instead of fiddling with VGA? Or is the hardware in question actually
VGA compatible?

Thiemo