qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated BGR vs. RGB vga patch...

From: Leonardo E. Reiter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Updated BGR vs. RGB vga patch...
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:11:08 -0400

By the way, I did verify that the patch works correctly in B/G/R 5/6/5 mode - I wasn't sure about 16-bit BGR before. However, in 16-bit mode, only -std-vga works correctly if the X server is in BGR mode. In 24-bit BGR mode, cirrus has no problem. I think there is some 16-bit trickery going on in the cirrus implementation, but I haven't had much time to figure it out. Also the cirrus implementation is really hard to follow for me, so if anyone has any idea, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Leo Reiter