qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Custom floppy image not booting, hanging at ramdisk...

From: Damien Mascord
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Custom floppy image not booting, hanging at ramdisk...
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:13:14 +0800

Heya guys,

I am trying to create my own uclibc/busybox floppy bootdisk, and am running
into an issue with the expansion of the RAMDISK... the
CPU shoots up to 100% and even leaving it overnight, it never recovers from
that situation.

I have tried it under qemu 0.7.2 and 0.8.0 in linux and windows, and all fail
to boot the image, where as vmware (and/or native)
boot the disk fine, and goes correctly to the "Please press Enter to activate
this console".

I am using the command line:

qemu -fda floppy.img -boot a

And it loads up the kernel, no problem, reaching the ramdisk stage, and then it
dies at the following:

If anyone wants a crack at this, the image can be found at
http://tusker.sg/floppy.img

How would I go about debugging this issue?

Cheers in advance,

Damien