qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] enh req: Allow ATAPI CD-ROM to be attached other than s

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] enh req: Allow ATAPI CD-ROM to be attached other than sec/master
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:41:12 -0400

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 01:38:18PM -0400, Toby Thain wrote:
> Per version 0.8.0, the ATAPI CD-ROM is always attached to IDE
> secondary/master (address 2). (See assignment to cdrom_index around
> vl.c line 4433.)
>
> Bochs allows the CD-ROM to be attached to any of four addresses, my
> suggestion is perhaps adding a QEMU runtime option for this.
>
> --Toby

Attached is a patch that does just that.

The default -cdrom still works, but you can also use -cdrom-a, -cdrom-b,
-cdrom-c, and -cdrom-d to specify if the cdrom should be plugged in place over
hda, hdb, hdc, or hdd respectively.

Also includes a few tests to make sure you don't clobber a hard disk with a
cdrom, or use the same -hdX or -cdrom-X option multiple times.