qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] USB Tablet Emulation + VNC patch..

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] USB Tablet Emulation + VNC patch..
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:37:49 +0400

Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
Now, does anyone have instructions on how to get Win2k installed and
updated to the latest set of security patches? I can get service pack 4
installed, but running windowsupdate seems to never work right.
If I run it up with -win2k-hack then windowsupdate works fine..
Here is what I did though (although variants have worked)

Install win2k-sp4
run windowsupdate and ignore the warning about ie6, let it install the updated windows-update component. Reboot, install ie6, reboot, then run windows-update and install all the patches.

All of this with win2k-hack enabled or it won't work.. and the updated win2k-hack from Leo so it works with dma..

I'm still stuck with windowsupdate not working..
I am finding now that after I go through installing win2k, and running
ie5, I can see it has 56 bit encryption. But after installing service
pack 3 and service pack 4, IE says '0-bit encryption'.

Better to download SP4 complete.. don't use windows update to install the service packs, just install and load SP4 without interracting with the net at all.. sp3 does strange things..