qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Bios Bug?

From: Ben Dailey
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Bios Bug?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:58:08 -0400

After much searching I believe I have found a problem with the bochs
bios in cvs. I found that I was not able to boot the fedora core 5 or 4
or 3 rescue cds or the Fedora 4 image from free.oszoo.org. Fedora core 2
booted correctly as well as Windows 2000 and Windows XP. I tried the
build with and without kqemu support and changed from gcc3.2 to gcc3.4
to no change. I then copied the bios from 0.8.0 and now all boots
correctly. My host system is Fedora 4 on X86_64. Is/has anyone else seen
this problem? I would like to continue searching for the problem in the
bios that I can be of assistance to the list/project. But I am unable to
find the tools necessary to build the bochs bios.

CPU hang details:

The boot process would always hang when probing the ide controller for
an irq for hda.

Any comments suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Fabrice and all thank you for the great project and keep up the
wonderful work.
--
Thank You,
Ben Dailey