qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Bios Bug?

From: Ben Dailey
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Bios Bug?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:19:50 -0500

Ed,

You should also note that I have not been able to use the new
-kernel-kqemu option with the old bios. The bios in cvs was specifically
patched for the new kqemu support from my understanding so that is
expected. Just a quick heads.

Thanks,
Ben

On 4/28/06, Ben Dailey <address@hidden> wrote:
> After much searching I believe I have found a problem with the bochs
> bios in cvs. I found that I was not able to boot the fedora core 5 or
4
> or 3 rescue cds or the Fedora 4 image from free.oszoo.org. Fedora core
2
> booted correctly as well as Windows 2000 and Windows XP. I tried the
> build with and without kqemu support and changed from gcc3.2 to gcc3.4
> to no change. I then copied the bios from 0.8.0 and now all boots
> correctly. My host system is Fedora 4 on X86_64. Is/has anyone else
seen
> this problem?

Yes, I just ran into the same problem with the bios.bin from the
2006-04-27_23 CVS snapshot. Thanks for tracking it down--you probably
saved me hours!

I was able to boot after reverting to the bios.bin from the
2006-03-27_23 snapshot. So the problem must have been introduced
within the past month.

--Ed