qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vnc patch

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vnc patch
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 00:35:34 -0500

Lonnie Mendez wrote:

There is another vnc patch by Anthony Liguori (same person involved with the tablet along with others). From what I've heard it will reduce the bandwidth usage greatly.

Also, afaik this is still under development. The source was posted on the irc channel a few days ago:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/aliguori/vnc.diff

The mercurial tree is located at http://hg.codemonkey.ws/qemu-vnc If you go to Manifest -> Changeset you can download a static tarball if you're unfamiliar with mercurial.

It's in a pretty good state now. I don't think there's any significant bugs and all the features I plan on implementing for the first rev are there. I'll have a patch ready for submission in a day or so.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori