qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Unknown PCI Bridge

From: Sven Köhler
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unknown PCI Bridge
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 02:39:12 +0200

> Yes, ACPI adds a new PCI device so it is normal. I am interested by any
> regression found using the current CVS with ACPI...

I think, this answer is fairly useless for the OP.
So perhaps the OP wanted to ask: how do i tell my Win2k to properly use
the new PCI device?

I'm especially interested in this question: is qemu's current ACPI PCI
device so normal, that it would be recognized and properly used by a
newly installed Win2k?

qemu's ACPI PCI device doesn't seem to be _that_ normal/known. At least
a recent Knoppix lists it as "Bridge: Intel Corp.: Inknown device 7013".

BTW: how can i test ACPI with Linux?
At least "cat /proc/acpi/info" works fine and shows:
version: 20050309

Greetings
  Sven