qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Unknown PCI Bridge

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Unknown PCI Bridge
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 22:01:05 -0500

On Thu, 04 May 2006 20:17:04 +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> Chris Bagwell wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I upgraded to current CVS (0.8.1 plus a couple of patches like acpi).
>> Last time I upgraded was about 1 week ago.
>>
>> When I ran this version with a win98 guest, windows detected a new
>> device called "PCI Bridge".  It was unable to find a driver for this on
>> the win98 CD and placed it as not working in the "other devices" section
>> of device manager.
>>
>> Doesn't seem to harm anything.  I was guessing it had something to do
>> with the acpi patches but haven't verified.  Any ideas?
>
> Yes, ACPI adds a new PCI device so it is normal. I am interested by any
> regression found using the current CVS with ACPI...

Win2k and Linux 2.6 (w/o kqemu) seem to work fine.

with -kernel-kqemu and 2.6.15, I get:

Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel.
BIOS bug, local APIC #0 not detected!
IOAPIC[0]: Invalid reference to IRQ 0
IOAPIC[0]: Invalid reference to IRQ 0
PCI PIIX3: Enabling Passive Release on 0000:00:01.0
ALERT! /dev/hda1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori