qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] curses interface and tweaks for 0.8.1

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] curses interface and tweaks for 0.8.1
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:51:01 +0200

Hi there,

On 07/05/06, Sylvain Petreolle <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi andrzej,
could you split the changes into smaller patches ?

IMO people would really like to have e.g. improved sendkey command
and monitor commands history without curses.

You can find these two changes in separate patches attached to this
older message:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2005-12/msg00266.html
(the patches might still apply because there haven't been many changes
since then).

Note, however that you won't notice curses support being there if you
don't use -curses in your qemu commandline. Also it should be neutral
to the build as it detects if you have the needed libs and headers.

BTW, it seems my way of shutting down the VNC server is not perfect
and sometimes the listening port is not closed until qemu exits and if
you issue "ui vnc" a second time in one qemu session it might not want
to listen on the same port again.

--- andrzej zaborowski <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi,
>  * QEMU saves monitor commands history to "~/.qemu_history" on exit
> and restores the history when you run a new QEMU.
>  * improved "sendkey" command (tab-completion for key names, sending
> keys by keycode number, some bugfixes). I described this in some older
> mail.

Kind regards,
Sylvain Petreolle (aka Usurp)
Listen to free Music: http://www.jamendo.com
Windows is proprietary, use free ReactOS instead : http://www.reactos.org

Regards,
Andrzej
--
balrog 2oo6

Dear Outlook users: Please remove me from your address books
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/08/21/143258