qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.8.1

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.8.1
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 17:05:08 -0400

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:12:15PM +0200, Christian MICHON wrote:
> thanks for the tips.
> unfortunately, rh72 means xfree86 4.1.0 (event with updates)
> xfree86 4.2 means at least rh73

Can't hurt to try.

The driver I have was compiled against Xorg 6.8.2 but it works with
Xfree86 4.2.1

The official drivers are compiled against Xorg 6.8 but work with XFree86 4.0
(iirc), so there is a good chance the evtouch driver will work if u try it.

> I read somewhere that evtouch driver is actually for kernel 2.6
> and at least xorg (not xfree 4.x). I tried to fiddle with the usb
> tablet in rh72, but no luck yet.

evtouch definitely works with 4.x

The site claims that evtouch only works with 2.6 kernels though (rather, that
it has only been tested on 2.6 kernels). Looking at the source code of
evdev.c I don't see any obvious differences that would stop it from
functioning with the /dev/input/eventX interface of 2.4 though. I guess what we
really need is someone who can test. :)