qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] objective benchmark?

From: Kazu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] objective benchmark?
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 18:26:44 +0900

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:55 PM Christian MICHON wrote:

>how can we do the same if the host is winXP ?

>Today, on linux guests, 2.4.x kernel boot faster than 2.6.x kernel
>inside qemu (unless using "clock=pit" on 2.6.x). 2 days ago,
>when I tried to setup Solaris x86 10 guest inside winXP host, I
>gave up since the timing engine inside the guest seems slow.

>I would really like to know how to solve this on XP hosts.

RTC is not used on Win host.
SpeedStep/PowerNow! is disabled by changing miminal power management to
other items at Control Panel->Power Option->Power Management Setting.

I don't think it is necessary to set it if your PC is ACPI. Set it if the
clock of win2k guest is faster than the real time while IE is running.

It is normal that 2.4 kernel boots faster than 2.6 kernel, isn't it? I don't
know why Solaris x86 10 doesn't work.

Regards,
Kazu