qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Typo in get_reloc_expr (dyngen.c)

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Typo in get_reloc_expr (dyngen.c)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 7:52:47 -0400

Fabrice or Paul:

Can we get this added?  This patch has been posted to the list 4 or 5 times
in various incarnations in the last year or soj.   I posted a long message with
the logs from the compile on why the current code is wrong, and why this patch
fixes
it.   The basic problem is that code uses a sizeof construct, instead of the
size of
the string.  What happens is all the labels end up being truncated, and the op.c
won't compile on sparc.

see analysis of this problem in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-04/msg00494.html

Ben