qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] getting the 5446 in 1152x864 mode

From: Julian Seward
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] getting the 5446 in 1152x864 mode
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:49:54 +0100

> On Wednesday 07 June 2006 02:31, Ben Taylor wrote:
> I've been able to get 1152x864 out of the Solaris Xorg gdm5446 driver
> so there must be something else that's causing you problems.  I think I've
> gotten win98se to do it as well.

Thanks for the confirmation.  So, I re-tried (extensively) to get
1152x864.  That resolution is listed by Windows as possible at 70Hz
and 75Hz (monitor), so I set the monitor refresh rates to those values
in the Windows display settings, but still no success.  Even with
rebooting after changing the settings.

I still also have sometimes an 'invisible wall' problem for the mouse
pointer problem that was discussed on this list a few weeks ago.