qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for Sparc32/64?

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for Sparc32/64?
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 17:38:53 +0100

I propose the same for QEMU/PowerPC.

However I was not able to test OpenBIOS over it as I did not find an OpenBIOS/PPC binary and cannot create it.

Does anyone can/has ?

Regards,
Natalia Portillo

El 07/06/2006, a las 17:17, Paul Brook escribió:

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 16:56, Blue Swirl wrote:
I'd like to replace Proll with OpenBIOS as the Qemu/Sparc32 boot prom and then develop a Sparc64 port that would finally make the Sparc64 system
emulator usable.
What do you think, is the switch okay, and if so, when can this happen?

Sounds like a good idea to me, and the sooner the better.
Even if we find some things that work with proll but not openbios I guess
there's a good chance of getting openbios fixed.

Paul