qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for PowerPC? (was: Switch to OpenBIO

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch to OpenBIOS for PowerPC? (was: Switch to OpenBIOS for Sparc32/64?)
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:27:45 +0100

I personally am not happy with partial emulations.

So, having ADB, is a must for a G3 beige or previous macintosh emulation.

El 07/06/2006, a las 18:39, Joshua Root escribió:

Natalia Portillo wrote:
OpenBIOS is a far more complete OF implementation than Apple ones used
to load Mac OS <= 9.
Just it need to be able to read HFS partition, handle CUDA, ADB, other
devices, and, it will be able to run a Mac OS.

OK, great. One small correction though: Mac OS since at least version
8.1 is perfectly happy without ADB as long as it has USB. I guess if we
want to run older versions we still need ADB though. :)

- Josh