qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Saving Sparc NVRAM contents between QEMU sessions

From: Armistead, Jason
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Saving Sparc NVRAM contents between QEMU sessions
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:24:18 -0400

Hi

Is there any functionality, existing or planned or patched, to save Sparc
NVRAM contents between QEMU sessions and reload it when QEMU starts up ?

I'm working with some of the others on the OpenBIOS list to try and get QEMU
/ OpenBIOS to be able to boot SunOS 4 and Solaris

It'd be nice if we could get QEMU to save the NVRAM to a file between
sessions so that it's possible to either (a) resume where we left off, or
(b) be able to specify different NVRAM configurations according to what we
are trying to accomplish e.g. boot selection, HOSTID setting, etc.

Obviously, writing a save / restore function for NVRAM is not terribly
difficult, but how should it be approached "the QEMU way" ?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Jason