qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] setting MIPS gdb breakpoints have wrong offsets

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] setting MIPS gdb breakpoints have wrong offsets
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 22:56:51 +0200

Hi Dirk,

when I set a breakpoint to address 0x80000180 ("b *0x80000180"), this
works as expected. So do breakpoints to symbolic addresses in the
Linux kernel.

"info breakpoints" shows address 0xffffffff80000180 for the first example.

Maybe "b *0xbfc00380" works for your case. If it does, your mips-gdb
is somehow strange.

Regards
Stefan

Dirk Behme schrieb:

Hi,

I just tried to debug some simple MIPS code using qemu-system-mipsel by setting some breakpoints. If I use gdb's break command with symbol names the breakpoints are set at offsets and therefore they are never hit.

Please find an example below. I'd like to stop the program if I get an interrupt, everything looks okay. But break command sets breakpoint at 0xbfc00384 instead of 0xbfc00380. Is this a bug or feature? I use qemu-system-mipsel with some of the pending MIPS patches applied locally. If this is a bug, can anybody else reproduce this? Any idea?

Best regards

Dirk