qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparse file support under windows

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparse file support under windows
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:50:58 +0200

At least the default should be sparse files if the filesystem supports them.

Fabrice.

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
Good question. As you like... I can remove option if you prefer. I don't
know how performs sparse file on windows so perhaps someone can still
prefer normal file for performance.

freddy77

OK for the idea, but why is a new option needed ? Sparse file usage should be automatic if the filesystem supports it.

Regards,

Fabrice.

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:

Hi,
this patch add sparse file support under Windows

(supported on NTFS).

It add a -s flag to qemu create and qemu convert. It

contain also a new

implementation for ftruncate witch not fill manually space

but only use

SetEndOfFile (so to handle correctly sparse file)

freddy77