qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VMware Player

From: Joe Lee
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VMware Player
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:18:30 -0400

Some of us appriciate the fact that qemu has no "GUI" per se. ;0)
Your right! the keyword is "some" but not all. I think if QEMU is to be adopted by the masses it will need to come up with a quality GUI-Frontend. However the CLI can always be in place for those who want and prefer to use it. Otherwise, I think most users will prefer to stay with VMware and especially that there VMware player AND VMware server edition is now FREE.

I appreciate the effort that some are making to develop a GUI for QEMU - There's a few project I see that trying to achieve this. But, I wish they all could come together and work together to develop a nice GUI. I would like to see a sub-project exist in the QEMU site so all can come and contribute to that effort.

joe