qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GUI

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GUI
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:50:10 -0500

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
Hi,

Concerning the QEMU GUI, my mind slightly evolved since my last posts on the topic: I think that a wxWidgets GUI would be the best as it is reasonnably portable and because it uses the native GUIs.

I think the first step is to validate whether wxWidgets will be adequate. I've not used it myself but poked around the site a little. It appears there's a gl canvas which should be a reasonable place to start. It seems like overkill for QEMU though.

Does anyone know a wxWidget which provides direct pixel access to something that ends up being a XShmImage? If they're canvas uses a normal XImage performance is going to be pretty crappy.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

If someone is interested, I am ready to try to include such a GUI in the QEMU repository even if it is not usable yet.

Regards,

Fabrice.