qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Missing altgr key in qemu 0.8.1

From: Peter Hirdina
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Missing altgr key in qemu 0.8.1
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:22:29 +0200

Hi,

I just installed Win2k in a freshly compiled QEMU installation. When I
use the new builtin VNC server to connect to that Win2k installation,
everything works fine, except the keyboard. The altgr key seems to do
nothing, and thus all keys reachable via the altgr key are also dead.

Host system:

* Linux 2.6.16.17 (stable Debian)
* german keyboard layout
* QEMU 0.8.1 + kqemu 1.3.0pre9
* output from ./configure --disable-gfx-check
  Install prefix    /usr/local
  BIOS directory    /usr/local/share/qemu
  binary directory  /usr/local/bin
  Manual directory  /usr/local/share/man
  ELF interp prefix /usr/gnemul/qemu-%M
  Source path       /home/peter/qemu-0.8.1
  C compiler        gcc
  Host C compiler   gcc
  make              make
  install           install
  host CPU          i386
  host big endian   no
  target list       i386-user arm-user armeb-user sparc-user ppc-user
  mips-user mipsel-user i386-softmmu ppc-softmmu sparc-softmmu
  x86_64-softmmu mips-softmmu mipsel-softmmu arm-softmmu
  gprof enabled     no
  profiler          no
  static build      no
  SDL support       no
  mingw32 support   no
  Adlib support     no
  CoreAudio support no
  ALSA support      no
  DSound support    no
  FMOD support      no
  kqemu support     yes
  Documentation     no
* qemu session started with the option -k de

Guest system:

* Win2k, also with german keyboard layout

Remote system:

* Win2k, also with german keyboard layout

So, basically I've got the german keyboard layout everywhere, and the
altgr key should work, but maybe I'm doing something wrong or missing
something. Feel free to point me to the right direction.

cheers,
    Peter

  Peter Hirdina                                   Frauenstrasse 128
  address@hidden                         89073 Ulm / Germany