qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu developement documentation?

From: Tieu Ma Dau
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu developement documentation?
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 01:48:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I'm developping Qemu to simulate ARM processor and I also read the file qemu-tech.html in Qemu source code. But I don't understand very well the idea that Qemu simulates a (exp: x86) instruction.
[quote]
The basic idea is to split every x86 instruction into fewer simpler instructions. Each simple instruction is implemented by a piece of C code (see `target-i386/op.c'). Then a compile time tool (`dyngen') takes the corresponding object file (`op.o') to generate a dynamic code generator which concatenates the simple instructions to build a function (see `op.h:dyngen_code()')
[/quote]
(I don't understand the explanation in bold)
+ What does the explanation in bold mean? Or do you have any document which clarifies this?
+ Do you have any document which explains how Qemu works (idea for the working of Qemu)?
+ Does Qemu works (i.e get the instruction from the target OS, splits the instruction into simpler instructions, executes the instructions on host OS...) same as the other simulators?
Best regards
Tieu