qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QCow v2

From: Julian Seward
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QCow v2
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:28:50 +0100

I have used VMware on a Windows host with the vmdk files on a compressed
NTFS partition.  The result of compression was eventually to cause the
vmdk files to become extremely fragmented (tens of thousands of fragments)
which seriously reduces performance in the end.  I'm not sure why this
happens.  So it would be good not to fall into that particular hole.