qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] balloon driver

From: Eric L
Subject: [Qemu-devel] balloon driver
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 21:58:50 -0500

Hi all,

I've been playing around with QEMU the past few days and have been
quite impressed.  One thing I wondered about: it seems that most of
the other virtualization schemes have some sort of balloon driver to
reclaim unused (cached) guest memory.  (VMWare, Xen and I think user
mode linux has something too).  It seems like a pretty good idea to
me, but from my searching, it would appear that QEMU does not have
anything similar.  Is this correct?  If so, is there a reason why?

- E