qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GUI

From: Luca Barbato
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GUI
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 22:51:51 +0200

Chris Wilson wrote:

> I'd be interested to know why you dislike it.

The library is incompatible with itself depending on the configure time
options (see string constructors vs unicode string constructors)

Its ABI/API changes too often (ok, that is the result of they fixing
lots of bugs that require radical changes, but they could haven't been
on first place...)

Its architecture is a tad old.

> I actually find it very
> nice to code in wx, much easier than GTK or MFC or raw Win32 API.

Try Qt or ewl/etk if you don't like the default tcl/tk look, all 4 are
quite nicer architecture-wise and less painful to be handled as
dependence. MFC and winapi are surely worst than wx, gtk on the other
hand is simple and relatively easy to learn.

The main/only point of wx is that mimics quite well some sort of native
look&feel, and that is just nice if you have to handle windows users or
idiotic managers.

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC