qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] No useful documentation.

From: Jamie Lokier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] No useful documentation.
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:30:43 +0100

Udo 'Robos' Puetz wrote:
> -hda file
> -hdb file
> -hdc file
> -hdd file
> Use file as hard disk 0, 1, 2 or 3 image (see section 3.6 Disk Images).
> -cdrom file
> Use file as CD-ROM image (you cannot use -hdc' and and -cdrom' at the same
> time). You can use the host CD-ROM by using /dev/cdrom' as filename.
> -boot [a|c|d]
> Boot on floppy (a), hard disk (c) or CD-ROM (d). Hard disk boot is the
> default.
>
> That's in the first quarter of a medium long page and not really much
> technical gibberish before that. What more does a thinking man need?
> I *guess* you, daniel, would have liked something where you had it all
> pre-chewed so that you don't have to read.

No, I'm guessing that concepts like "use file as a hard disk image"
and "use file as CD-ROM image" and "boot on floppy/disk/CD-ROM (does
that mean the _real_ floppy etc.?)" are alien to him, just as much as
they are second nature to us.  He just wants to run Windows apps,
remember; his interest in virtual machines probably isn't even
slightly technical.

> but keep myself from insulting people who work for free and in their
> free time!!

Indeed, the first post started with an insult and ended with a
one-sided demand "write this for me".  That's not on, from someone who
isn't paying, to _tell_ people to give up their personal time for free.

-- Jamie