qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM9 emulation?

From: Andrew Lentvorski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM9 emulation?
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 21:47:48 -0700

Mike Swanson wrote:
On Tuesday 04 July 2006 17:17, Andrew Lentvorski wrote:
You might want to put an ARM9 or ARM7 as a separate word somewhere on
the page.  Putting "qemu arm9" into any of the search engines provides
nothing useful.

Possibly, but wouldn't the documentation be the first place to look?

You're right, I probably should have dug into the documentation and found the fact that ARM926E is an ARM9.

However, do you really want to be invisible to people? Try a Google on "arm9 emulator" or "arm7 emulator". Even broken Nintendo DS emulators appear.

Qemu is *nowhere* to be found (err... correction: It appears as choice 99 of "arm7 emulator").

If I hadn't already known about Qemu from a different context, I wouldn't even have found the *project* let alone found the chip number.

However, whether or not you add "ARM9" is your call, not mine.

If nothing else, at least this thread will hit the archives and get indexed. That should improve things some.

-a