qemu-devel

Re: wxWidgets and C: was Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GUI

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: wxWidgets and C: was Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU GUI
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 11:13:52 -0400

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 11:02:31AM -0400, Joe Lee wrote:
> Jim C. Brown wrote:
> >For the record, we can use wxWidgets in qemu even though we can not use C++
> >in qemu (something that I would be strongly against).
> >
> >http://wxc.sourceforge.net/
> >
> >Requiring this as a dependency would make it easier to deal with issues
> >such as
> >C++ ABI compatibility by avoiding the direct use of C++.
> >
> >There's a QtC that I considered using for a Qt GUI for qemu.
> >

> How about WX using Python - Is that an option?
> -joe

Good question. I'm not aware of a way to call Python code from inside of C.
I suppose if we could compile it into a shared library of some sort, that would
do the trick. (I'm assuming the Python lib would compile into something that
was callable externally using the C ABI, not the C++ ABI. If it's the latter
then using Python would still be a bad idea.)

I'm of the opinion that it would just be easier to use wxc directly instead of
trying to use a Python binding in a C project, though.