qemu-devel

Re[2]: [Qemu-devel] Qemu 0.8.2

From: James Olsen
Subject: Re[2]: [Qemu-devel] Qemu 0.8.2
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:06:37 -0500

Hello Lonnie,

LM> On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 06:38 -0500, wayne tempel wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>            I see that the new version of Qemu is out 0.8.2. Where is the
>> Windows version??????

LM>    afaik these builds have so far been user contributed.  If you do not
LM> want to build it yourself you can find a build for qemu 0.8.2 from cvs
LM> here:

LM> http://www.crazefiles.com/download.php?file=0151e68e

I've set up mingw and all the funky stuff (it was not fun to set up).
The only problem I haven't been able to figure out is how to compile
the executable so it doesn't pop up a DOS console window. Someone
built a binary that used message boxes and didn't require a console
window to hang around while QEMU is running (in other words, each
instance of QEMU had two windows, one console window, and one main
application window). The binary this other chap compiled was slick, it
only used one window per instance. I haven't been able to figure out
what compilation options were needed to make that happen. I saw some
patches (back in the 0.7.x-0.8.1 days) that I applied, but it only
seemed to change the diagnostic message output from console to message
boxes.

Anyhow, just my $.02.

Wayne, if you wait for a bit I'm sure someone will post the Windows
binary of 0.8.2 soon.

--
James
Funny quotes: "There are 10 types of people in the world.