qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re QuickStartGuide on QEMU Wiki

From: Andrew Malcolmson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re QuickStartGuide on QEMU Wiki
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:28:22 -0400

Here is a super short addition you might want to add to the
QuickStartGuide page, stolen from someone's posting in the Forums.  Feel
free to edit as I am a newbie here myself.  Sorry I couldn't properly
respond to the original post in this thread but I've just joined the
list.

== Linux Guest on Linux Host ==

Create an empty 3 GB image file. You will be installing into this:

{{{
qemu-img create mylinux.raw 3G
}}}

Install from a downloaded iso file:

{{{
qemu -hda mylinux.raw -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d -net user -m 256
}}}

Run the installation:

{{{
qemu -hda mylinux.raw -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot c -net user -m 256
}}}
Andrew Malcolmson