qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] What can qemu do that vmware/virtual pc can't...article

From: Udo 'Robos' Puetz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] What can qemu do that vmware/virtual pc can't...article idea
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 00:07:34 +0200

On Fri, 28.07.06, Udo 'Robos' Puetz <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi List.

I'll write this here instead of answering to each to keep the noise down :)
Thanks a lot for the good ideas and comments!
I'll simply collect the ideas and leave my cynical comments about lazy readers
of computer magazines to myself :) (Everybody sees that qemu is waaay better
than the others, why do they need to be shown? ;-)
-run kernel by itself
-user emulation (putty example in docs)
-OSS -> independant of a company becoming bankrupt
-free distributable
      -put on a live cd
      -put in a distro
-can be used without the need to install anything
-qemu does not need admin/root priviledges
-usb tablet emulation -> no need to install vmware tools in client
-can record audio (and with patch even mpegs)

Thanks again for your input!
Cheers
Udo

--
Robos -
gpg --recv-keys --keyserver blackhole.pca.dfn.de 6EEADA09