qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Performance issues with -usb

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Performance issues with -usb
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 22:42:15 +0400 (MSD)

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Leonardo E. Reiter wrote:

Brad,

I think the 0x20 (32ms) value might be fine for something like VNC
display, but on a local display the mouse response is noticeably slow
(for me at least.)  I tried using 0x0a (10), same as the plain USB
mouse, but the idle CPU utilization was still around 10%.  What is
really odd is that this was not a problem in older versions of QEMU,
unless I'm reading data incorrectly.  Do you know what else might have
changed?  I will look as well and see if I can apply some logic to this.
I suspect it's probably something with the new clock mechanism, but it
still doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Sometime after usbtablet hit the CVS i tried it out and the first thing i
noticed was the cpu load. On june 12 i tried to figure out if one of the
patch authors (Anthony Liguori) is aware of the situation. So it's not
related to gettimeofday switchover.

--
mailto:address@hidden