qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] State of TI OMAP board support?

From: andrzej zaborowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] State of TI OMAP board support?
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:29:41 +0200

Hi,

On 30/07/06, Paul Sokolovsky <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello qemu-devel,

  I wonder, what's the state of TI OMAP patch, previously announced on
the list by Andrzej Zaborowski
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-03/msg00125.html ?
Is it considered for inclusion in the mainline? If not, what precludes
that?

I made some progress on the OMAP 310 emulation but I probably won't
finish it till I absolutely need it (which might be soon). I think I
will consider it finished when I can run PalmOS 5.0 on it. Linux works
absolutely fine, but PalmOS boots only halfway through and gets stuck
in some loop (probably not the OMAP emulation fault, probably one of
the peripheral chips, which are also emulated). Running a
closed-source OS is a real stress-test for an emulator.

I don't think it is considered for inclusion. Before it is merged I
would like to separate the generic OMAP code from board-related code
(the board I emulate is the Palm Tunsgten|E handheld), but I imagine
the QEMU maintainers won't like the way code is formatted and probably
many other things, hard to say.

If you want to emulate a different OMAP processor you'll probably want
to add the emulation of the DSP part, which 310 doesn't have and it
may a whole lot of additional work.
Also, my current tree is based on QEMU 0.8.0.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:address@hidden