qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Accelerator feature

From: André Braga
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Accelerator feature
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:02:45 -0300

On 7/30/06, Karlos . <address@hidden> wrote:
I asked lot of times before my first email why its closed. Dont assume that
i didnt it.

Look, I'm subscribed to this list for more than two years now (since
at least 18/July/2004), and I've never seen a SINGLE message from you.

Fabrice already said he'd gladly open up the source for KQEMU IF, and
ONLY IF, some company would provide him solid funding. He's trying to
make a living there, you know?

People who were uncomfortable with the closed source status of KQEMU
then wrote qvm86. You don't like KQEMU's closed status? Then use
qvm86. It's that simple.

The source is closed because he so saw fit. It's his code, he CAN do
it. And it's been obviously reverse-engineered by anyone able to run
strace and objdump.

(p.s.: I'm not by any means implying that the qvm86 authors
reverse-engineered the closed part of KQEMU to derive qvm86's code. I
meant that anyone with some skill could have reverse-engineered KQEMU
enough [since it's so small] to check for any rogue/suspicious
activities).