qemu-devel

VNC (or RFB), was Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: AltGr keystrokes

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: VNC (or RFB), was Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: AltGr keystrokes
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 02:38:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Edu wrote:

> I also have issues with extended characters in my keyboard layout when
> using VNC. Part of them seem to be caused by sign extension in function
> read_u32 from vnc.c, which should not be done.

I just _cannot_ resist in pointing out that I never had issues like these
with the "old" RFB patch.

AFAICT the only issue the "old" RFB patch had, was that a slow connection
could actually slow down QEmu, since the RFB server would block on input.

But I am sure that this can be fixed in LibVNCServer, bringing benefit not
only to QEmu, but also to other users of the lib. I cannot help but being
sad about the "solution" in QEmu.

Ciao,
Dscho