qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Who call I/O cpu_in*/cpu_out*?

From: Alessandro Corradi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Who call I/O cpu_in*/cpu_out*?
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:29:41 +0200

Hello,
This is what I understand:
In vl.c code:
-In qemu initialization will be create and initialize a table in which there are I/O read/write function corresponding to I/O address.
-When emulated devices are inizialited they register IO function in this table, in this way it can be called when an instruction want to access at this address-device right?
-These function are called by cpu_write{b|w|l} in case of byte/word/long.

I suppose when there is an instruction op-code regards IO there is a mechanism that calls these function. Can you say me where it does this?

Thank you

Ale