qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-0.8.0 and vde-1.5.9 question

From: Bakul Shah
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-0.8.0 and vde-1.5.9 question
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:15:17 -0000

> The system is Kanotix-2005-4
> Qemu-0.8.0
> Vde-1.5.9
>
> I setup the bridge and add interface tun0 to the bridge
> (have done it before correctly)
>
> but
>
> /usr/bin/vdeqemu -hda disk-image -m256 -localtime -net vde -net nic,macaddr=5
> 4:52:00:12:34:62
>
> reports error:
> qemu: invalid option -- '-tun-fd'
> qemu exited: vdeqemu quits
>
> I seem to reacall that it worked with qemu-0.7.2 ?
>
> Any ideas?

Just type qemu and look at its options.  They changed since
0.7.2.  Likely you want something like

        -net socket,fd=5

Also AFAIK you don't need vde anymore since qemu can do the bridging
for you (but I haven't used it so take this with a grain of salt).

In general you want to look at what changed when you update s/w.