qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ToWishList: Snapshot for particular disk image only

From: Strelenko Yuri A
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ToWishList: Snapshot for particular disk image only
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:11:32 -0000

Dear friends,

   Currenly the -snapshot option is global, i.e. prevents writing to all
diskimages. It will be more convenient to apply snapshot to particular
disk only. For example, I would like to create virtual FTP-server in
QEMU and apply -snapshot to system disk -hda, but permit writing to -hdb
for users:

# qemu -hda:s ftp.img -hdb data.img -kernel-kqemu .....

   Unfortunately I am not a programmer and cannot prepare patch
to improve QEMU in such manner.

        Thank you for great QEMU. Yuri Strelenko.

Dr. Yuri A. Strelenko
N.D.Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry
Leninsky prospect 47,119991 Moscow, Russia
Tel    :      (7-095) 135 9094
Fax    :      (7-095) 135 5328
e-mail :      address@hidden
www    :      http://nmr.ioc.ac.ru