qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] bugreport: Crash on iso booting

From: Martin van Es
Subject: [Qemu-devel] bugreport: Crash on iso booting
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 09:24:32 -0000

Hi,

I'm not a member/reader of this mailinglist, just a happy qemu user. I
recently downloaded the RIPLinux 1.5 (grub) iso and wanted to test it before
I threw out the old version. Normally I'd reboot my system, but today I
thought it 'd be nice to throw it at qemu.

To my dissapointment the RIPLinux15.0 iso boots, but halts halfway the kernel
initialisation process (somewhere after the CPU/halt check).

qemu version: 0.8.1
kqemu 1.3.0pre7 but the crash occurs with and without kqemu

Here's the RIPLinux page:
http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

And this is the commandline I used:
qemu -cdrom RIPLinuX-1.5.grub.iso -boot d scratch.img

scratch.img is a simple img created with
qemu-img create scratch.img 256M

Just to make things clear: the image boots flawless on my system otherwise.

Hope this helps improving qemu!

Regards,
Martin
--
If 'but' was of any use, it would be a logical operator.