qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu dynamic translation (system design) question

From: S . P . T . Krishnan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu dynamic translation (system design) question
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 23:23:11 +0800

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the direction.

I am just thinking.  If I run a guest OS once and observe the blocks
that are translated and may be reused.  Then I again re-run the OS,
can I expect the same blocks are translated ?  i.e., is qemu
consistent on how it partitions the asm into blocks on successive runs
or the guest OS ?

Note: in both cases the user doesn't interact with the Guest OS.  It
is up for, say 1 min and then shutdown in both runs.

regards,
Krishnan

On 8/19/06, Laurent DESNOGUES <address@hidden> wrote:
> b. Once a block is generated some ID should be assigned to it right ?
> in which src file it is stored ?
> c. The next time a src block with the same signature is encountered
> the cached host binary is used right ?  -- How does qemu detect that
> is the same guest block ? md5sum or other fingerprinting methods ?

Look in qemu-exec.c/tb_find_fast

Laurent